Friday, November 18, 2011

CMA Awards Show!

Well, I can cross another amazing experience off my bucket list! On November 9th, 2011, I got to attend the 45th annual CMA Music Awards Show!

Since I was a little girl, I have LOVED country music! Nearly every home video of me growing up showcases me singing Hank William's Jr.'s "Tear In My Beer" - which sounded more like "Tewl In My Bewl" - since I couldn't pronounce my "R's"...lol! Most kids want to be a doctor or a teacher when they grew up, but I wanted to be a Cowgirl, or "Cowgowl" lol - because I loved my country music so much. I grew up to the sounds of my man Hank, Dolly Parton, The Kentucky Headhunters, The Bellamy Brothers, Sawyer Brown, Shenandoah, The Judds, Confederate Railroad, Randy Travis...all those awesome artists who aren't making new country music any longer, but who will forver be my "Classic Country". I so badly wanted to be a cowgirl that I would dress up as one in my blue jeans, jacket with a horse on it, hat and of course my snow boots since they were the only ones I had being a Pittsburgh girl.

Throughout the years I have continued to love country music, even in those years where it wasn't the "hip" genre to listen to - "I was country, when country wasn't cool". Needless to say, a childhood dream came true when my friend Morgan asked me if I wanted to go to the show with her!

First, Patrick had promised me last year that if he was still in Tennessee this year, we would go to the show together. I asked Patrick about getting tickets the week prior, but he told me it would be too much with me leaving town the following day, and him having to get me to the airport so early before his longest day of practice. I understood it was going to be a lot for him, and said "Next year! No excuses!" and he agreed.

Morgan's boyfriend, Ryan, plays ball with Patrick and was in the same mind-frame. He also felt it would be too much to go to the awards show then practice the next day (Thursdays = 12 hour day for them!) so Ryan canceled on Morgan a few hours prior. Ryan's loss was my gain lol and I owe him a big hug for it! Morgan texted me at 3:45 asking if I wanted to go with her. My hair was in a ponytail, I had sweats on (needed to shave my legs!) and was about to go hiking...! I was like a mad woman rushing around the house getting showered, dressed and packed for my trip home, all before I had to leave the house at 5:20! I made it...must have been the adrenaline! Here's me and Morgs before the show :-) 

Morgan's dad is in the music industry, so he was able to get us amazing seats three rows up from the floor, where all the country music stars were seated! Here is a picture from our seat with NO zoom!

We had a birds eye view of all the stars who attended. We could see who was talking to who and what they were wearing...not gonna lie, I felt like a super stalker at times, but this was once in a lifetime experience! You may wonder what the stars do during commercial break...here you have it...they talk to other stars and take pictures!
Faith and Tim chatting it up
Taylor posing for a picture
Miranda and Blake chatting it up with Kenny

The show itself though, was amazing! Not one performance was disappointing, each singer/group did an amazing job! If I had to pick a favorite though, Luke Bryan singing "Country Girl (Shake It For Me) was my favorite! He performed right in front of us and looked up and pointed in the crowd, so I just felt so connected!

My second favorite would be Sara Evans "Stronger". She performed on the center stage, so she was a little further away than Luke Bryan, but she had girls that balanced themselves on a piece of cloth in the air! It was amazing! Words can't possibly do it justice, check it out for yourself!


Another memorable performance was Martina McBride singing "I'm Gonna Love You Through It". Each person attending the show was given a flashlight, and we were instructed to turn them on for that performance. It was magical looking in the arena!

I'm also a HUGE Jason Aldean fan, so seeing him perform was a highlight - even though I so wish he would have sang "Dirt Road Anthem" - my fav!

Also gotta love Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley singing "Remind Me"...loved Carrie's dress!

And the big winners of the night...The Band Perry

Aside from the performances, seeing the winners accept their awards was very cool!

The Band Perry getting their award for Best New Artists

Jason Aldean receiving award for Best Album...so deserved in my book!

Best Female Vocalist - two year streak!

Taylor snagged Entertainer of the Year for the second time in her career!
It was fun to see all the other celebrities in attendance. We spotted Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and Terry Bradshaw (Aghhhh! Love him!)

A HUGE thank you goes out to Morgan and her Dad, Bernard, for allowing me to attend this awards show with them! That night was filled with memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life! Thanks for making one of my dreams come true! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment